The key to the JPC approach is to work in partnership with clients.
The following listing will give you an idea of the wide range of experience you can draw on when working with JPC.
Aerospace, Automotive, Banking, Building Products, Cement, Chemicals, Concrete Products, Dairy, Food & Drink, Education, Electronics, Facilities Management, Financial Services, Foundries, Glass, Hospitals, Hotels, International Airports, IT, Leisure, Lime, Local Authorities, Logistics, Medical, Minerals, Mining, Non-ferrous Metals, Packaging, Paper, Plastics, Printing, Professional Bodies, Publishing, Quarries, Retail, Steel, Textiles, Trade Associations, Transport, Tyres, Utilities, Water Treatment & Wholesale Distribution.
England, Wales, Scotland, Northern Ireland, Republic of Ireland, Canada, Jamaica, Spain, Russia, Belarus and Ukraine.
Below is a small sample of assignments undertaken by JPC:
- Training Workshops – Client: Carbon Trust. John Pooley has developed and presented a number of workshops for the Carbon Trust. Topics covered include Monitoring & Targeting, Making the Financial Case, Future Maintainability of Buildings, Integration of Renewable Technologies, Motors and Drives, Voltage Management and Energy Management.
- Site Surveys – Client: Carbon Trust. John Pooley was one of the original team of consultants that were involved in the development of the site survey scheme. To date he has undertaken in excess of 80 surveys under the scheme. He is currently one of three external reviewers contracted by the Carbon Trust as part of their QA process.
- Carbon Route Map – Client: Utility Company. Working as part of a multi-practice team assisting the clinet in developing a strategic route map to guide it in meeting its 2035 carbon reduction target.
- Labour Market Evaluation – Client: Advantage West Midlands This assignment involved undertaking selected interviews with senior executives of environmental technology companies in the West Midlands to determine existing and potential labour market barriers to growth
- Occupational Standards for Energy Management – Client: Management Charter Initiative – working in partnership with an occupational standards specialist consultancy the development of a suite of occupational standards for energy management that formed the basis for a Level 4 NVQ. This work also involved an assessment of UK energy management practices.
- Computer based training – Client Royal Mint – under this Carbon Trust funded project the development of interactive computerbased training was undertaken following a number of on-site awareness raising workshops.
- Post Project Reviews – Client: Environment Agency (England & Wales). This assignment involved the review of 18 Environment Agency R&D projects over a period of three years. The outcome was a series of recommendations for improving the process of R&D project management within the Agency.
- Environmental Review – Client: A UK University. This involved a critical assessment of the university’s environmental management and included guidance on the issues involved with ISO14001.
- Environmental Review – Client: Caribbean Cement Company. This involved an assessment of on-site electricity generation and use as well as cement kiln operation. Outcome was a range of opportunities for improvement including recommendations on life cycle analysis.
- Environmental Supply Chain Project – Client: Nottingham Energy Partnership. This project involved developing an approach to environmental management for elements of the supply chain to the Queen’s Medical Centre in Nottingham. A pilot group of suppliers were guided through the initial stages of an environmental assessment.
- Environmental Auditor Training – Client: Royal Mail. This assignment was delivered in partnership with the Ashridge Management Centre. The scope of work was to provide practical on-site training for Royal Mail environmental auditors. All trainees qualified as EARA approved auditors.
- Energy Management Training – Client: Corporation of London. Over a two year programme the development and delivery of energy management training to the Corporation’s Energy Wardens and M&E staff.
- Energy Management Training – Client: Bristol City Council. A two year programme of site surveys and training for Site Energy Officers.
- Energy Efficiency Advisor – Client: A global minerals company. This assignment involved training, site surveys and strategic support for the energy efficiency programme of the company’s international aggregates division.
- Environmental Policy Development – Client: A plastic products company. Developing an environmental policy to meet the requirements of a major retailer.
- Staff Attitude Survey – Client: A high street bank This involved the development and analysis of a staff attitude survey covering 500 branches of the bank. In addition to analysis of postal results, follow-up interviews were undertaken.
- Retail Energy Strategy – Client: A high street retailer. This involved an assessment of the current energy efficiency of the high street stores and the development of recommendations for a revised M&E specification for new stores.